Ruth Tanner, War on Want: 07811 469 547 روث تانر: الحرب على العوزGreg Muttitt, PLATFORM: 07970 589 611 كريج موتيت: بلاتفورمPLATFORM (http://www.carbonweb.org/); War on Want (http://www.waronwant.org/);Oil Change International (http://www.priceofoil.org/)
النسخة الأنجليزية للبيانIraqis oppose oil development plans, poll finds
Poll results (*)
Iraq: Public Opinion Survey . June/July 2007
1. Iraq holds 10% of the world's proven reserves of crude oil, and possibly much more. Do you believe that wise use of Iraq's oil resources can provide Iraqis and your children with prosperity? 1. Yes 81% 2. No 7 3. Don't know 12
2. In the coming decades would you prefer Iraq's oil to be developed and produced by Iraqi state-owned companies or by foreign companies?
1. Strongly prefer Iraqi state 32% 2. Moderately prefer Iraqi state 31
3. Moderately prefer foreign companies 21 4. Strongly prefer foreign companies 10
5. Don't know / none of the above 5
3. In February the Iraqi Council of ministers approved a draft Oil Law concerning the future development of Iraq's oil sector. This law is currently before the Iraqi Parliament. How much information has the Iraqi Government provided you regarding the contents of this law:
1. A lot 9% 2. A little 33 3. Not very much 30 4. None at all 28
4. Has the level of information provided by the Iraqi government on this law been adequate for you to feel informed on this issue?
1. Yes, totally adequate 4% 2. Yes, somewhat adequate 20 3. No, somewhat inadequate 36 4. No, totally inadequate 40
Methodology and analysis available at: http://priceofoil.org/iraqi-oil-law-poll-june-july-2007/